1.3 Please note that we cannot and do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other third-parties which you may be able to access through our service, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
2. What information do we collect?
Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd collects different information about you at different times. There are 4 broad categories of information that we collect from you:
2.1 Information we require to supply our services.
- When you first sign up or contract with Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd for our services, or when you make an inquiry about our services, we request information such as your name, company name, address, telephone number, business tax ID, email address, credit card details (if you are paying online). We may also ask for your date of birth.
- We may also monitor and/or record telephone conversations with you and your company from time to time in order to train staff and to improve our service to you.
2.2 Non personally identifying information.
- In addition to the information you specifically provide above, Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd operates statistics gathering software on its web site to collect information about the number of visitors coming to the site. No identifying information is collected by this software. The software records the IP address of the visitor only. We use this information to improve our own technical structure and performance, and to determine which areas of our web site are most popular.
2.3 Other demographic information.
If you respond voluntarily to our surveys or other interactive communications, we collect the responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd’s products and services.
2.4 Personal information stored on a web site hosted by Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd.
Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd will have personal information stored on our servers due to the fact that we host multiple services. Any information that is submitted to or collected by these organisations will be physically located on a Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd server. This information, whether voluntarily provided or not, will not be used or released by Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd in any manner, and it will be kept strictly confidential, unless we are required to release the information by law. We may also store personal information with third party service providers including Amazon Web Services and Mailchimp.
3. How do we use personal information we have collected?
3.1 We collect and use your personal information to operate our system and deliver our services to you. We will use your personal information to provide you with: technical support, billing and credit control, sales support, product upgrades and information.
3.2 When you contract with Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd for our services or make enquiries of our services we will use your personal information to provide you with promotional material. You may stop the delivery or “opt out” of future promotional email from Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. These instructions will tell you how to remove your name from our promotional email list.
3.3 We may use your personal information to:
- Contact you in relation to upgrading your use of our services, special offers (from us, or on behalf of third parties), with newsletters, surveys, and individual service audits, or in response to any expression of interest we may receive from you in relation to our products and services We may give extracts of our customer lists containing personal information to third party contractors to do this on our behalf. We will ensure that those contractors are bound to protect your personal information to the same standard that we are.
- identify the source of new customers to Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd;
- monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
- in the case of credit cards, to bill you for services;
- in the case of ABNs, to verify your identity;
3.4 We will treat all information we collect from you as strictly confidential. Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd does not rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, licence, share or pass onto any third party (other than those who are contracted or supply services to Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd including of spam filter operators) any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so, other than in the circumstances set out in the next paragraph.
3.5 We will disclose your personal information, without notice or your consent, only:
- if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business or web site;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd;
- if we consider it necessary to do so in order to enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements with you;
- to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
- if we sell our business or part of it; and
- in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd’s services, its web site, our staff or the public.
3.6 We sometimes disclose personal information overseas to service providers such as Amazon Web Services. When you provide us with personal information, you consent to us transferring personal information overseas. You may not have the same rights over your information as you would in Australia.
4.1 Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd has implemented security features in our database to protect your personal information from unauthorised access. We maintain our servers in a controlled, secured environment. Only staff who need to have access to your personal information in order to perform their job function are authorised to access the database. Constant changes to the Internet and technology mean that we cannot guarantee that data transmission will be 100% secure, or safe from attack by unauthorised intruders.
4.2 In order to access your personal information through a secure web browser, you will be required to input your user name and password. For this reason, it is safe to transmit your credit card number over the Internet, although no data transmission can be absolutely guaranteed as secure.
5. Other disclosure by you
5.2 You should never reveal your password to third parties. If you lose control of your password, you may lose control over your personal information and company information and may be liable for actions taken on your behalf by third parties using your password and/or personal information. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change it.
5.3 If you collect personal information which you keep on servers provided by Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd as part of our service to you (including email), you alone are responsible for compliance with the Privacy Laws of your country in respect of that information. We take no responsibility for your dealings with personal information you collect.
6. How to access & correct your personal information
6.1 From time to time you may need to update your personal information. We keep this information in a secure environment that is not accessible to the public. In order to amend any of your personal information, you will need to be a registered contact for the account. If you are not a registered user on the account, we will require approval from the original user who accepted the service agreement with Xtreme.com.au Pty Ltd to make any changes.
6.2 If you contact us via telephone, you will need to answer a few security questions before any personal information is revealed or amended.
7.1 We delete your personal information when you close your account with us.
8. Refund policy
In compliance with Australian Consumer Law, Xtreme does not offer refunds or returns if you simply change your mind about a product or service you have purchased. In cases where a return for tangible goods has been approved by Xtreme management, a 20% re-stocking fee will apply.
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our Privacy Officer on [email protected] We will deal promptly with your complaint (usually 10 business days from when we receive your email). We will try to solve your complaint within 20 business days, but depending on the circumstances, the process might take longer. If you’re unhappy with our response, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner www.oaic.goc.au